Frequently Asked Questions
What is the HWFHNA?
- The Historic West Floral Heights Neighborhood Association is a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization whose mission is to preserve and promote the unique architectural and cultural heritage of the historic West Floral Heights neighborhhood of Wichita Falls, Texas.
How is Neighborhood Watch related to HWFHNA?
- The Historic West Floral Heights Neighborhood Association got its start as a Neighborhood Watch program. Today, the still-active Neighborhood Watch program is a part of the larger HWFHNA, and all residents are encouraged to join and participate in keeping our neighborhood safer. For more information, contact us!
What are the boundaries of the West Floral Heights neighborhood?
- Here is a map depicting the general boundaries of West Floral Heights.
Where can I get more information about the neighborhood?
- You can contact us one of two ways! Write us a note using our handy online contact form, or you can use the newsletter subscription form at the bottom of this page.
Where can I get past issues of the HWFHNA newsletter?
- We are currently in the process of archiving selections from past issues of our newletter and posting them to this website. You may view our progress by visiting the Newsletter Archives in our Flickr Gallery!
What's involved in getting an HWFHNA Flag Subscription?
- Flag subscriptions cost $25 per flag, annually. Flags will be displayed on Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, September 11th, Columbus Day, and Veterans Day. To subscribe, or to request more information, please email us or use our guestbook to request information.
What are some of the recurring HWFHNA events?
(For more information on these and other HWFHNA events, please
see our calendar of events.)
- The HWFHNA has bi-monthly meetings which are held in February, April, June, August, October, and December. Meetings generally include a business session, refreshments, and socializing. Any interested persons are invited to attend!
- Annually, the association conducts an election and subsequent installation of new officers, to include President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Welcome Ambassador.
- Flag Days are celebrated on Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, September 11, Columbus Day, and Veterans Day.
- Neighborhood-wide Spring Clean-up in April.
- Neighborhood-wide Garage Sale in June.
- HWFHNA Turkey Trot, which includes a run-walk event, free t-shirts, pie drawing, children's crafts, photo opportunities with the official turkey, community food bank support, great prizes, and refreshments.
- HWFHNA Christmas Party
Where can I learn more about neighborhood design review guidelines?
What are some of the neighborhood projects that the HWFHNA has tackled in the past?
- Application for Historic Designation
- Sidewalk Renovations
- Installation of Vintage Light Poles
- Historic Street Banners
- Street Sign Renovations
- Park Projects
- Porch and Yard Beautification Contests
- Garden Club Plant Swap Events
- Neighborhood Clean-Up Projects
- Tree Canopy Restoration Project
- Christmas Candle Lighting Project
- New Resident Welcome Program
Where can I get information important to new residents?
- Wichita Falls Independent School District
- City of Wichita Falls
- City Utility Payments
- Emergency Notification System
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Wichita County Appraisal District
- Wichita Falls Landmark Commission
- Wichita Falls Police Department
- Wichita Falls Fire Department
- Sheppard Air Force Base
- KFDX & KJTL Television
- KSWO Television
- KAUZ Television
- Wichita Falls Yellow Pages
- Times Record News Newspaper
- Wichita Falls Weather
- Wichita Falls Area Churches
- Wichita Falls Area Hospitals
- Wichita Falls Area Parks
- Wichita Falls Area Hotels